Simple ingredients and a little bit of time are all that is needed. Asparagus, sprigs of rosemary, thin lemon slices, are tossed in olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, then roasted on parchment lined baking sheet until preferred doneness.
- 1 bundle/bunch of asparagus
- 1 lemon
- handful of rosemary sprigs
- 2-tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Thinly slice half of lemon.
- Prep asparagus shoots, and spread them along with the lemon slices and rosemary on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Toss all with olive oil, as well as salt and pepper.
- Squeeze juice from remaining half of lemon.
- Roast in oven for 7 minutes, then carefully turn asparagus over and continue roasting for another 8 minutes.
- Watch for preferred doneness. Add additional time if needed. Total roasting time should be between 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.