“Yum, yum! Sometimes I add some finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate. These are perfect for baby showers or wedding showers. A plastic sandwich bag can be used instead of a pastry bag by filling with the cream cheese mix and making a tiny cut in the corner.”
- 3 dozen large fresh strawberries
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Grated chocolate, optional
- Remove stems from strawberries; cut a deep “X” in the tip of each berry. Gently spread berries open.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and extract until light and fluffy. Pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons into each berry; if desired, sprinkle with chocolate. Chill until serving.
1 each: 41 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.