This oven baked chicken breasts recipe will still remains one of my all-time favourites. Five minutes prepping and 20 minutes into the oven have never failed me once. It’s great-looking, low-carb and kid-friendly. It’s simply irresistible!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6 oz each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3-4 lemon slices
- Preheat oven. The ideal temperature to bake chicken is approximately 350-400°F.
- Using either a rolling pin, a meat tenderizer or your own fist to pound the chicken breasts to the thickness of 0.5” – 0.6”.
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, some splashes of salt and pepper together.
- Place the chicken breasts upside down on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Use your fingers to rub the olive oil over the breasts. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil and sprinkle some seasoning based on your preference. Flip your chicken and repeat the above steps with the other side. The aim of adding olive oil is to give the meat a bit of extra moisture during cooking, thus preventing the outcome from being too stringy and dry. Proper chicken seasoning can liven up the natural bland taste of chicken breasts.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. If you have trust issues with exact timing things, simply pay attention to the chicken’s color: Remove them from the oven as soon as the surface turns golden.If it’s still a thorn in your side, feel free to pause halfway and check the meat whenever you want. Use the tip of a knife or anything pointed and pierce the cooked chicken breasts to see if they’re tender enough. According to the USDA, you can also check if a poultry is well-cooked or not by testing its internal temperature (160oF is the ideal one). Thus, a food thermometer would help in this case. No more burned or undercooked poultry.
- Let it sit for about 2 minutes so the juice could settle back in. Serve your well-baked chicken breasts on plates. Garnish them with some splashes of freshly chopped cilantro. Some slices of lemon as toppings could totally worth another sapid dash of flavor.