Generously season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Put the oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, swirling around the pan until melted and foaming, then turn up the heat. Once the butter starts bubbling, add the salmon fillets to the pan, skin-side-down, and fry for 3 mins until crisp.
2 (6 oz) salmon steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sage
1 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle and rub both sides of the salmon steaks with salt, pepper and sage.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan.
- When foaming subsides, add the salmon steaks. Fry the salmon steaks.
- Medium heat cooks until cooked through
- Transfer the salmon steaks to plates and serve.