We have marinated butterflied goat leg in yogurt and Indian spices to create an impressive BBQ centre piece. With a long marinade and a quick cook, this BBQ recipe is ideal for summer entertaining.
- goat leg 2kg, butterflied into one even piece
- lemon 3, halved lengthways
- garlic 6 cloves, chopped
- ginger 75g, chopped
- natural yogurt 150g
- smoked paprika 1 tbsp
- cayenne pepper or chilli powder 1 tbsp
- ground cumin 1 tbsp
- ground coriander 1 tbsp
- ground turmeric 2 tsp
- garam masala 2 tsp
- sea salt 2 tsp
- lemon 1, juiced
- STEP 1Add the garlic and ginger to a small food processor with 3 tbsp of water and whizz to a purée. Add this to a bowl with the remaining marinade ingredients and mix well.
- STEP 2Rub all over the goat and leave to marinate for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
- STEP 3Heat a barbecue to a medium-high heat. Cook the goat for 25-30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until medium. If you have a meat thermometer it will reach 60C.
- STEP 4Leave to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- STEP 5Put the lemon halves face-down on the barbecue for the final 20 minutes of cooking, until charred.
- STEP 6Squeeze over the carved goat meat to serve.