BAKED TOMATOES are a super quick and super easy side dish or appetizer for any occasion! These cheesy Baked Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese are so simple yet incredibly delicious. They are always a hit when we make them and get eaten right away. These Baked Parmesan Tomatoes are just too tasty and fresh.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED TOMATOES
Making these baked tomatoes is super easy.
- Just slice up a ripe tomato and lay the slices out on a baking tray.
- Next I added plenty of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to the tomato slices,
- and then I topped them off with a sprinkle of fresh basil and a bit of olive oil.
- They only take about 10 minutes to bake in the oven!
- 4 roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place tomato slices on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Top each tomato with a layer or parmesan and then a layer or mozzarella
- Sprinkle the chopped basil on top of each tomato
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Turn off oven and broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!