This succulent Crispy Skin Pork Belly with braised fennel is the perfect dish to serve your loved ones.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed thickly, sliced lengthways
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 2kg Coles Brand Pork Belly Roast
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced).
- Step 2Score pork skin. Rub in half the oil and salt, pressing salt into scored skin. Place pork, skin side down, in a large roasting pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Step 3Turn pork, skin side up. Increase oven temperature to 220C (200C fan-forced). Bake for 45 mins, until skin is crisp. Remove from oven. Rest pork for 10 mins.
- Step 4Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan on high heat. Cook fennel and garlic, stirring, for 1-2 mins, until seared. Add 1/4 cup of water, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 3-5 mins, until fennel is tender.
- Step 5Pour stock into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins, until reduced and thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Add horseradish cream and stir to combine.
- Step 6Thickly slice pork. Serve with braised fennel and drizzle with horseradish gravy.