Quality produce makes this dish, Charentais melon, heirloom tomatoes and salty prosciutto marry beautifully. Ideal as a sharing platter starter for a summer dinner party.
- about 500g different-coloured heirloom tomatoes, chopped into large chunks (smaller ones left whole or halved)
- 1 Charentais melon, segmented and cut into chunks roughly the same size as the tomatoes
- 12 slices prosciutto – the best you can afford
- handful mint, leaves picked, shredded
- crusty bread, to serve
For the dressing
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Toss the tomatoes and melon together in a bowl with a little dressing, some sea salt and black pepper. Loosely lay the prosciutto over a platter and pile the tomatoes and melon on top. Drizzle with extra dressing, scatter with mint and serve straight away with crusty bread.