If you’re looking for a tasty green bean salad that can easily act as both a light lunch as well as a quick healthy snack for when you’re feeling extra hungry, then look no further. This zucchini and green beans salad has got you covered and as an added bonus, it’s vegan, too. The base of this green bean salad recipe is fantastic and stands perfectly on its own, as grilling the zucchini really helps to bring out its flavor while the olive oil and apple cider vinegar help to round it out by providing a pleasant tangy taste. In addition, if you’re looking to up the protein content just a bit, it’s easy enough to add in some grilled chicken or beef to really make an incredibly satisfying salad meal.
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 1 pound green beens, trimmed
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and the green beans.
- Cook the green beans for 4 minutes.
- Drain the green beans and immediately plunge them into ice water. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium high heat.
- Coat the grill pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Grill the zucchinis 2-3 minutes per side, or more if necessary.
- In a bowl, combine drained green beans, grilled zucchinis, remaining olive oil, apple cider vinegar and chopped parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine.