Skip to content
PIG’S FEET ISN’T THE LEANEST CUT NOR THE ONE WITH LESS BONES BUT IT CERTAINLY THE TASTIEST OF PORK. JUICY, TENDER AND IRRESISTIBLE.
- ½ cup / 150ml Oil
- 2 big Onion (400g) (diced)
- 4 Pig’s feet (halved)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Parsley or Celery (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (whole or minced)
- 1 Tomato (200g)
- 2 cup / 500ml Water
HOW TO MAKE PIG FEET:
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add the diced onion and saute it until it gets a translucent, glassy look for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Add the pig’s feet and mix it well then cook it for 5 to 10 minutes until the skin gets some golden brown color.
- Add the paprika, parsley or celery, garlic and tomato
- Add water to submerge all the feet to around 3/4
- Place the lid on and simmer it on low heat for about 3 to 4 hours or until the meat peals off the bones easily. Mind to have enough water during the cooking period or else it may burn down.
- Remove the lid half an hour before finishing the cooking to reduce the excess water until the feet are only half or even less submerged.