- ⅓ cup walnuts, pine nuts, almonds, or hazelnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. mezzi rigatoni, or other short-cut pasta
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Strawberries, quartered
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant. Allow to cool completely, and add to the bowl of a food processor, along with the basil, mint, parmesan, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn on the food processor, and slowly stream in the olive oil until smooth.
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and grape tomatoes. Pour into a serving bowl, and top with the strawberries. Serve!