This miso glazed roasted root vegetables are buttery, salty, and a little bit sweet––it’s the perfect side dish for any fall/winter meal, Thanksgiving side or any holiday side dish.
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 pound carrots, scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 8 medium beets, peeled cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread the vegetables out on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 45 minutes, until crisp on the outside.
- In the final 10 minutes of roasting time, make the glaze. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in the miso paste, mirin, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the vegetables, toss, and arrange on a platter. Garnish with scallions if desired. Serve!