“This roast is one of my family’s all-time favorites. It makes the house smell amazing all day. If you have leftovers, the sauce is a delicious au-jus-style sauce.”
- 6 small white potatoes, peeled
- 12 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine potatoes, carrots, and onion in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef roast in the hot oil until browned completely, 2 to 3 minutes per side; place beef roast atop the vegetables.
- Stir tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and salt together in a bowl; pour over the roast.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours (or on High for 5 to 6 hours).
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Pour sauce into skillet and cook over medium-high heat until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes; serve with the beef and vegetables.