July 7th, 2020
As per the City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020, all customers or visitors to Al Premium Food Mart are required to wear a mask or face covering while inside.
People Who Do Not Have to Wear a Mask or Face Covering
- Children under the age of two. These very young children must not wear a face-covering because of the risk of suffocation.
- Individuals with a medical condition that makes it difficult to wear a mask. This can include but is not limited to:
- Medical condition, mental health condition, cognitive condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask or face covering.
- Medical condition that makes it difficult to breath or someone who is unconscious or incapacitated.
- People who are hearing impaired, or are communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, and where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Individuals who are unable to put on or remove a mask without assistance.
- People who require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Areas where a mask or face covering is required:
- Retail floor/aisles
- Cashier area/queues
- Service desks/counters
- Publicly accessible washrooms
Where a mask or face covering is not required
- Staff lounge
- Stock / storage room
- Workshop / service area
- Private office
- Shipping / receiving area
- Outdoor patios
- Display areas that is part of the retail space (e.g. outdoor garden centre)
- Line-ups to enter store
Below are previous message about COVID - 19
It continues to be a privilege and a tremendous responsibility to be providing an essential service for our communities.
Our stores look different today. We’ve made changes quickly to prioritize safety and to ensure customers can access the resources they need at the low prices they expect and deserve. For example, we have:
- Increased cleaning throughout the store.
- Provide masks for customers
- Limited the number of customers shopping in the store at one time and are asking stores to encourage customers to limit store entry to only one adult per family.
- Installed plexi-glass dividers at registers and customer service desks.
- Marked the floor to create social distancing.
- We are supplying masks, face shields, and gloves to our employees.
We are also offering new services for some of our most valuable customers including online grocery order for free in-store pickup and local deliveries starting at $5. All orders made online will match with in-store price at the time of order preparation.
Finally, I want to pay tribute to our incredible associates. I continue to be amazed by the stories I’m hearing from our stores. There are so many associates stepping up to provide an essential service in these times of need. Their effort is exactly why we expedited store bonus payments, introduced new wage premiums. Thank you for everything you are doing in-store. Keep making us all so proud.
Thank you. Please stay safe, be kind, wash your hands and practice social distancing.
Al Premium Food Mart